Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Something about fish and warm water...

As the third installment of tonights post-a-thon (Please be sure to note the other two stories posted tonight), I bring you a story of deep thought.

I am preparing to leave shool on Monday when our School secretary comes up to me and says something in Japanese... which I completely miss.

Luckily, Mr. Second Year is standing right there and so I look to him and he says:

"She says certain kinds of fish go to warmer waters during winter time and stay there."

Hmmm, this is interesting... Okay.

Then, she starts bowing and saying "Thank you very much" three or four times.

I'm stunned, so I say "it was nothing" (I really have no idea what was nothing... but it certainly was nothing enough that I am willing to be pretty sure it is nothing... gads, I'm not even making sense myself).

So I walk out to the entry way to change shoes (Cursed Japanese Schools), and I stop Mr. Second Year...

"What was she talking about?" I say... "I mean, she was thanking me for something. Was this some kind of special Japanese-Zen thing?"

To which Mr. Second Year laughs nervously and says; "No... I have no idea what she was saying, either..."

Well... okay.

---He Who Was Like Fish Going To Warm Water During Winter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home