Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Finally...



I know it's been great for my health to ride to school on my bike, but it has not been great for anything else, and it's good to be back on four wheels again.

Of course, this time I made many mistakes, but the examiner was much more reasonable, he could see that I had complete control over the vehicle (And since it was a standard, he could also see that I wasn't stalling the car, or even revving the engine, I drove it like it was an automatic).

Then I took the eye test...

You know, there is an interesting thing about Japan; green is blue. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but it has Buddhist roots. But for some reason, most shades of green are considered blue here. So of course, when I go to take the eye test, there are little "are you colorblind" lights that show up to make sure you can tell a green light from a yellow light and a red light...

The red light shows up. The Examiner says "What color is the light?"

"Akaii" (Red) I say

The light turns green.

"Good. And now?" He says.

"Mido..." Gree... "Eto... Aoii" Um, Blue.

"Good"...

I wonder how many people wandered in there and said "Green" at that test...

"Honest, I'm not colorblind! I'm American!"

---Me.

1 Comments:

Blogger ModernSpartan said...

Go figure! You had to go to Japan to learn that you are color blind!!!!

Glad that you made it through the bureaucratic maze!!!!

Good show, you!!!!!!!!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home