Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Yochien

Today I went to MyTown's Kindergarten to be teach all kinds of interesting things to the Rodents of Unusual Size (Read: Kindergarteners).

I discovered, however, that what Kindergarteners really like has nothing at all to do with English…

Though they were pretty into the English thing… Especially the puppets that Maia so lovingly loaned me (Thank you, dear! :D)

I sat in the guest lounge chatting with the headmaster (Who speaks even less English than the kindergarteners… that was a challenge). And in comes a plethora of small human beings carrying gifts for the new English Teacher…

I can TOTALLY hear the discussion before coming into the guest room:

Rodent 1: Hey look! It’s the new English Teacher! I love English Teachers, let’s welcome him with a gift!

Rodent 2: I agree, I don’t have any cockroaches, but we do have three Japanese Fighting Beetles!

Rodent 1: Perhaps he’ll love that!

Rodent 2: Perhaps!

I turned around many times to a plethora of very unhappy legs attached to a very unhappy beetle at least three times…

I should be awarded a purple heart for this job…

The amazing thing; I never once yelled, jumped, or even had a look of disgust on my face… I just said, “That’s okay, you keep him!” To the kids and smiled… I even patted on of the rodents on the head… while the beetle writhed away in his little hand…
These are the hazards of my job…

---Me...

2 Comments:

Blogger Aabh said...

I will even return the puppets to you un-bugged... Along with everything else that I have that is (Hopefully) Un-Mushi...

I did... Work said: Go back to MyTown Chuu... Ms. 1st year said: Go home, you will be bored out of your mind here...

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kids...gotta love 'em no matter where you are!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home