Saturday, September 09, 2006

A message for Alex

Guys, I don't think Alex reads my blog, so if you would pass this along to him;

A while back, we had one of those "Write in answers and then pass it along to everyone else's blog" things. Which, I might add, I didn't do here because it's not something I do... chain anythings are silly to me... I don't know why...

Anyway, Alex had responded to me in one of those and he set forth a challenge:

"2. I challenge you to find the time to take up Kyu-do in Japan, cause that would be way cool."

Please tell him that is done. I have found a sensei here... ranked in the top 10 in the nation. I shall be starting classes soon.

This challenge is not as easy as it may have sounded. We still can't find a single Kendo (Sword fighting Dojo) in this state that is for adults (for kids, they are everywhere... for adults... not so much...)... in fact, for adults you can do Karate, and that's about it.

It seems strange, since this is the land from which these skills came... but Japan has moved away from it's marital heritage, and that means these ancient arts are being put aside...

Oh... I shall also be learning tea ceremony. Because I want to. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home