Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Aspects of Japan 4: ...And...

My Girl:

I took this picture at the Drum circle as well. It just turned out really nice... I'm practicing the "Filling the Frame" concept... not as easy as it looks.

I also just discovered I have had my camera on 1600 ISO almost since I bought it (I was all excited that my camera had a 1600 ISO setting...), which means almost every single picture I have taken since I got the thing is grainy (That's what happens when you have your camera set at 1600 ISO, it can take pictures in the dark, but they are grainy... and non in the dark pictures are grainy too...)
Professional cameras are a pain to get straight, but boy they are cool when you do! :D
Also, when I first got my camera, we were in Akihabara (That wonderful part of Tokyo), I snapped off a couple of really neat pictures there as well which I'll share here (I've shared one of them elsewhere, but not all of these shots have been shared):

A cat-maid-girl in Akihabara. This is the newest trend among the girls in Akihabara, they dress as cat-maids... maid outfits with cat-ears... sometimes they even have tails... wierd...



Finally, a signal at an interesection in Akihabara (Right in front of the big department store, looking at Akihabara station). You can see the Yamanote-sen (Yah-mah-noh-tay) train coming into the station in the background (the Yamanote line trains have lime green stripes). Of all of the trains in Tokyo, the Yamanote is the most interesting: it is essentially a loop that runs around the center of Tokyo proper. Almost everyone uses the Yamanote to get from one burrough to the other... thus, it is the Yamanote that you hear about which has "Pushers" who push people into the trains during rush hour. We try to take the Yamanote on off-peak hours for that very reason... but even on off peak, you can rarely find a seat.

---Me

1 Comments:

Blogger ModernSpartan said...

Wow!!!!! That camera takes some outstanding photographs.

And the person behind the camera isn't bad either.

Have a good one and thanks for sharing the photos.

Nick

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home