Thursday, May 08, 2008

Erm... another shocker...

This is a page from the sports section of the Prefectural paper:

This is (And no, I'm not making this up) my name in the sports section of said prefectural paper:


(In a sea of kanji there are those lone katakana characters... woah...)

I think when the wheels of that lovely 747-600 (And it was a pretty aircraft I would like to add at this time) touched down at Narita airport, the furthest thing in my mind would be that I would be listed in the sports section of a Japanese newspaper... Heck, being in the sports section of any paper would be among the last things I could imagine ever doing in my life...

If you are curious, that's a list of those that made Shodan (Black Belt) during the Kyudo tests (Apparently it's a much bigger deal than I thought...) two weeks ago.

But now... (And I really can't believe I am saying this), I can add "Listed in the Sports section of the newspaper" as one of my accomplishments in my life...

Of course, this paper belongs to Mr. Graves, and I'll have to give him the original back... I'm going to see if I can't find a copy at school tomorrow (It's only a couple of days old). If I can, I'll save it for you, Dad. :D

I am rather stunned... Sure, it was hard... but I never thought it was this important... perhaps it was better that way: I know I would have blown it if I knew that it was this big of a deal...

-Spending my 15 minutes of fame in rather unexpected ways

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs* Way to go, Guy!

Other news:
- Moving to the new place tomorrow.
- Opening clinic on Monday.
- Business cards are ready. Email me Maia's address (or yours) and I'll send you guys some. Her smiley face is right on them, in bright yellow colours!

-- Mal.

10:20 AM  
Blogger DrHeimlich said...

I'll take your word for it. Because I can't take THOSE words anywhere. :-)

Congrats!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting that they put your name in the paper western-style - given name, then family name... But at least they have the dot-thingy to distinguish the two.

Double-Congrats!

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home