Friday, June 02, 2006

...And the Geek shall inherit...

So, we have a recitation test in my first year class today. We are supposed to be repeating the text as many times as possible to practice for the test... I, of course, repeat it as many times as well, so that the students can hear me... but one kid in my front row suddenly starts repeating after me... Since I'm talking slowly (No one can understand me at normal speed), it sounds rather odd...

So I stop...

So does he...

So I walk up to him:

Me: This is your country (I'm quoting from the textbook)

Him: This is your country.

Me: Yes, Canada is my country.

Him: Yes, Canada is my country.

Me: This is our classroom.

Him: This is our classroom.

Me: These are not the droids you are looking for.

Him: These are.... a-reh (Japanese for "huh?")?

Me: (In Japanese) Sorry.

He decided the repeat after Guy Game wasn't as fun as it seemed at first.

All I could think of as I walked away was:

"You fell for one of the classic blunders! The most famous is; never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is never send in a geek to do a teachers' job! HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA HAHAHAH...."

---Me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inconceivable !!!

-Andi

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are awsome, move to tremonton with me and mal.

11:53 AM  
Blogger DrHeimlich said...

Poor, confused kid. I hope you let him go about his business.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Aabh said...

Mal, I think this comment in and of itself says everything about why you and I are friends. ;D

Alas, Dr. H, I just let the kid move along.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home