Friday, November 06, 2009

So, here's a ponderable:

I was listening to my music here on Windows Media Player. When I noticed that the album cover is displayed in a little window... Strange, I think, since I ripped this album from my personal collection... I know I didn't scan the cover of the album in when I ripped it... So how did Windows Media Player get the album cover?

Then I see a little triangle next to the album cover... so I click it... and it says "Do you want to buy this album for only....?"

No... I already bought this album... I don't need another copy... Unless...

Unless you are assuming that I got my music off of the web and you are offering me amnesty (Hey, you can go "legit" by buying that illegal piece of music you are playing...)

Nice assumption, Microsoft... There is no real good reason for that button, either you are assuming that I stole my MP3's or, even worse, you didn't even think about the message you were sending and were instead just thinking "Hey! We can make more money! Isn't that cool!"

Hmm... I wonder if I can get Winamp back on my computer...

---Grumble Grumble

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home