Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Powers of PSIII

So... we bought a PS3 (Playstation 3)... the idea being that we really enjoyed RockBand, and our Wii, which we bought in Japan, is region encoded, so we have to buy a new Wii here in order to play American games. Sorry Nintendo, you don't have a monopoly, so I exercise my right as a Capitalist and I vote you off the island-sure, I payed 25,000 yen once to you, but you won't be getting any more cash out of me.

So anyway, back to my story: we bought a Playstation 3 so we could play Rockband which we so enjoyed when we went to Denver and played with our friends (Namely Dr Heimlich... :D)...

I plug the thing in and within seconds it discovers my computer and asks if I want to access the computers' mp3 and video files... I blink... say "Yes" tell my computer it's okay, and suddenly all of my Mp3's are playing through my PS3...

(Another side story): While I was in Japan, I bought a bunch of DVD's... well, now that I'm back in the US, they are all useless (Because they are Region 2 and we live in Region 1)... So, I ripped the DVD's to my hard drive (I dare you to sue me for it... I bought them, I own the originals...)... but Maia doesn't like to watch the computer...

But now the PS3 will play them! On our normal TV!

The last thing that happens is that Netflix sent us a disk for the PS3 (I ordered it)... and now we can watch instant on-demand movies straight from Netflix on the PS3... we go to Netflix, order a movie, put it in the Instant queue and go to the PS3 and select it... 10 seconds later we are watching a TV show or movie!

So... we bought the Wii because it was revolutionary, but they region encoded it, so it lost out to the Playstation... which wasn't revolutionary... until we discovered what it can do!

Congrats, Sony... you beat the Wii

---Me (No longer Mii)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger DrHeimlich said...

Ooo! E-mail your Account Name. I can add you to my friends list, and then we can play Rock Band online together! Not as good as together in the same room, but I'll take what i can get. :-)

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home