Friday, March 12, 2010

Are you listening Mr. Obama?

So, here's the deal;

I pay $370 a month for my health insurance.

It has a $5,000 deductable, meaning they won't even touch a medical issue until we reach $5,000 out of our pocket FIRST.

Then it's 50% after that... so from $5,001 to, say $10,000 I still have to pay $2,500

For our hospital visit, where my son was born, we just got a bill for $2,045... my insurance -To whom I have paid $4,000 so far (And continue to pay $370 a month)-, paid $900 of the $3,000 bill. Not even half of what I have paid in... and it doesn't cover the new pediatrician visits (Since that is a seperate thing)... so we start all over again chipping away at that massive deductible. With a deductible that high, it is likely that a healthy person will NEVER get help from Insurance... all of our trips will have to be out of pocket... which means I will never go to see the doctor until I am REALLY, REALLY sick (Because my son and wife will go before I ever do and we simply do not make enough for all three of us to go). Probably, like my mother, the next time I see a medical professional it will be a coroner.

Now I'm hearing that this new health care will require me to have health care... that's fine, but it better not be like my current plan... Which, I might add, is the BEST I could get (My company is simply too small to have it's own insurance-this is with a seperate company)... If it is, then I will no longer support you. Forcing people to pay for a screwed up system isn't helping, it hurts.

When we talk about Auto Insurance -which we have lost all respect for because there is rarely help from the companies when you need them- we often say that Auto insurance is simply "paying for permission to drive".

Please, PLEASE, don't make this Health Care bill be nothing more than paying for permission to live.

---Me

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia Plathypus said...

This is profound, and biting, and PERFECT!! =) I don't even have insurance, because I'm fairly certain there are kids making shoes in Taiwan who make more money than I do. But the way you're being done is just sad, and SO wrong. I have no faith in Obama, so I'm guaranteed one of two things with his health bill: One, it will by some miracle of god actually WORK, and I will have a heart attack from the shock. Or Two, I will have my lack of faith confirmed, and we will all be super screwed. But I digress. =) Thank you for putting my thoughts into words so eloquently - I'm much more prone to, shall we say, a love of my "French" to be so myself. ;)

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home